Thursday 9 August 2012

Chapter- fuck it, I don't even remember.

3am blogging because I can and because fuck you that's why.
I'm home! And this time I intend on staying home, I'm not fucking off anywhere else any time soon. Other than school, but that's irrelevant. My brother starts high school soon as well. I'm getting old.
I've been thinking about a whole lot of things recently. When we were in Amsterdam, I had a load of time to just think (because my family are boring and also never talk to me) and I ended up on a very serious topic:
BATMAN.
I think the best and worst thing about the world is that Batman - the entire "Batman" concept of a masked vigilante fighting against anarchists - could happen in the real world. I mean, it wouldn't, but the idea is (relatively) plausible. I think the main obvious difference between Marvel and DC is that DC comics and characters (at least the ones currently in the spotlight) tend to be more believable - as believable as comic book characters can be. Marvel, for example: Thor and Loki are Norse gods; Captain America was frozen in ice for 70 years; Spider-Man was bitten by a genetically mutated spider and thus gained spider powers (just for the record, we're discussing Marvel in general, not The Avengers. I wouldn't be so foolish to think that Spider-Man was an Avenger)... the list goes on. DC, on the other hand (I'll currently focus solely on Batman as the Man of Steel movie isn't out yet and don't even get me STARTED on the impracticalities of Superman): Batman is a billionaire with the resources, money and enterprise to build himself various gadgets and suits and whatnot and he fights villains which are solely from earth who believe they're doing the world a favour. It just.. I don't know. It seems somehow more likely to happen than The Avengers. Which I guess means Tom Hiddleston won't be subjugating me any time soon. Sigh.
It's now 3.25am, which means it's taken me 25 or so minutes to write a paragraph about Batman. I think that, if anything, is a sign that it's time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment