Wednesday 29 August 2012

Chapter Twelve.

Okay whew lots of things to talk about today.
First, I'm going to start with the bad news, because then I can end with some good news.
I went to the doctor when I got back from Canada, because I had a little lump in my neck. I couldn't see it because it was toward the back, so I assumed it was an infected bug bite. The woman at the doctor's said she didn't know what it was, but I was to come back in two weeks if it didn't go away. I went back and got referred to a different doctor for two weeks after. Anyway, I went back finally to the doctor on Tuesday of this week and all of a sudden this little lump on my neck is about an inch bigger and is being called a 'tumour'. Pretty quick diagnosis, I thought, but there you go.
So they don't know if it's cancerous or what it's doing or anything. There's a high chance it could be sinister or become sinister (because of the shape of it, or something), so I need an operation to remove it. I've never had an operation before; hell, I've never even broken a bone before. I'm ashamed to say that I've fallen into the 'symptom googling' trap, which hasn't raised morale at all. However, I'm young, which means that there's less chance of complications. So y'know. That's a Big Thing.
Good news: I passed all my exams. I got a mixture of 1s, 2s and an A (apart from chemistry where I got a 3), so that's nice. Also, college started this week. It's like a part-time thing where I go on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons to do Psychology because the school doesn't run a course in it and stuff. So that's nice. I think it's going to be really interesting, although I'm not sure if it is yet.
Farewell for now~

No comments:

Post a Comment