Saturday 4 August 2012

Chapter Eight: That time I went to a gay bar.

OH JESUS THANK GOD I'M ALIVE.
Basically, today was the day of Amsterdam Gay Pride and there was this parade over the Amstel river and yeah that bit was good and pretty and wheeeee. Then we planned to go out for tea, the family apparently forgetting that TODAY IS PRIDE DAY and TOWN WILL BE MOBBED.
We were walking to wagamama's and this girl who had glasses and a blue fringe and looked sort of like me but pretty and had a smaller face smiled at me and I smiled back out of general politeness, then all of a sudden she was standing in front of us pretending to look at a building. She kept looking over at me and I looked away because awkward, then when we walked down another street she was somewhere close again. I smiled at her and while the family were inspecting a map she came over and said something in Dutch to me. I pointed out that I don't speak Dutch and she said something about going somewhere (in English) and got all close to me and dsibdoshicjeif too weird. I told her I had a girlfriend and she looked all sad and said 'ok' and walked off and aw I felt so bad I think I ruined her night. Or is that conceited? I don't know o.o either way, I think that was the first time anyone's like, registered any sort of interest in me in public ever. It was TERRIFYING.
Anyway, after we'd been to wagamama's they all went to sit in a pub and I joined this big huge street party thing that was happening. I got a beer and wandered and danced with a few people and stuff. I went back to the pub and Gordon gave me €50 and made me promise to be home by half ten and they fucked off home. Naturally, I went to a gay bar. I drank a lot but didn't get drunk (my body has decided NO MORE DRUNK FOR ME. I've been drinking almost non-stop since I arrived but not even a hint of drunk-ness has occurred. It's miserable). I stood/half-danced about for a bit then went for a walk. Somehow I ended up on a boat party where I drank more (people kept handing me drinks lol), then wandered off home. And now I'm here relaying this story to you.
This blog post had little point. I think I'll leave it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment