Tuesday 24 July 2012

Chapter Five.

I've been neglecting this poor blog horrendously over the last week-and-a-bit. I apologise profusely. It's because I'm in Canada (!!!!) and I only have my phone for internetual connections. I've had to download the blogger app - which, for the record, is utter wank (GO AHEAD GOOGLE, DELETE MY ACCOUNT, I DON'T CARE, IT WON'T MAKE YOUR SHITEY APP ANY BETTER) - purely to write this post.
So, a recap of this week's news:
The plane journey over here wasn't too bad. I watched The Devil Wears Prada and Pulp Fiction and an episode of House and I sat next to this Indian lady who told me all about how she had to go home (to Halifax) from Mauritius and I just DIDN'T CARE but I let her keep talking anyway.
The next day - I think it was the next day, but I don't really remember - Lorna (stepmum), Louise (half-sister), Dad and I went out on a lake in the boat which my dad built. When he gets bored, he builds things. I would post a picture of it, but this app is so shitty I don't think I know how. Anyway, I saw a bald eagle while in/on the lake, which was cool. I thought they lived only in America, but then realised it probably smelt extreme patriotism and found itself in Canada by mistake.
Dad and Lorna have been convincing me (trying to convince me) to go to university over here in Halifax. Which is all very well, but I don't want to go to university at all. Well, I don't think I do. I don't know.
We drove to Quebec on Thursday/Friday, apparently just for the craic. We stayed there for three days and did lots of French things and Dad and Lorna shouted at me a lot for not listening to their bullshit, then drove back on my birthday, which Dad forgot about. In fact, everyone forgot. That, so far, has been the highlight of my trip.
I can't stand this side of the family. This evening (we're back in Nova Scotia) Dad came into my room and talked at me for 45 minutes about participation and "family life" - he told me that just because I have "family problems" doesn't mean that I should disconnect myself from them. I think I missed the part of my life where I actually HAD family problems. But, y'know, whatever.
Anyway. Only two days until I go home then I get to go see Mairi yay!!!!!!! This makes me happy.
I think that's everything I have left to say. I'll write something more interesting at another time. (I just lied and we both know it.) GOODNIGHT.

2 comments: