Tuesday 3 July 2012

Chapter Three.

3rd July, 2012
Goodness, loads has happened since the last post. (I don't know why I still write these; nobody reads them.)
I went to see my grandparents on Sunday. Usually that's nice, if you can ignore their relentless energy and general nosiness. "How are you?" "How's your.. friend?" "Are you coming to see us again soon?" "What are you reading just now?" "What did you get in your exams?" In addition, Mother tends to be grumpy and in-your-face when we're with the grandparents, so everyone seemed sort of hard to get along with.
We met in Pitlochry, which is around halfway between Forres and Edinburgh, and went for tea/coffee and then a walk. We walked up a steep hill, and there came a point around halfway up when I realised I didn't really care if I reached the top or if I fell. I started taking tiny steps and concentrating on my speed in relation to Mother's and Grandma's, so that I didn't think about falling down. It passed, as these things do, and we went home eventually.
I would write about how I saw Mairi on Sunday night, but the fact is that I see her all the time so I don't know if I should write about it or not. I think, unless I say, assume that Mairi is staying at my house. Yes.
Caitlin Moran's written a new book - Moranthology, out on Sept 13th. Coincidentally, the day after my CAMHS appointment. I called them up yesterday (CAMHS being the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, and yesterday being Monday), and after being kept waiting for a long time eventually was put through to someone who could "help". I asked for their earliest appointment, as apparently I'm an "urgent case", and they gave me September 12th. They also managed to get my name wrong, the name of my school wrong, and thought they should send a letter to my home address. I can't help feeling as though they're useless. My guidance teacher AND the depute head told me so.
So, now I'm just waiting until I need to go out and meet Mairi from work. OH, I just remembered, on Sunday night we went to go and see Gabrielle Aplin! I almost passed out, I love Gabrielle so much. I've been waiting for maybe like, two years to go see her? And finally I did, and she was brilliant. Made me unspeakably happy.
Right, I'm going out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment